Sports R Us
Welcome to Sports R Us, we are a growing forum, with looks of wonderful member. So we are ask you to join this great forum and get to know so many great new people.

Thanks Sports R Us

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sports R Us
Welcome to Sports R Us, we are a growing forum, with looks of wonderful member. So we are ask you to join this great forum and get to know so many great new people.

Thanks Sports R Us
Sports R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great site to keep up to date with sports. Talk about sports, play them with our Fantasy Sports Comps.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SRUFT - Callum vs CJCorka 12/04/12 - 13/04/12

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

~Hen~

~Hen~
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

CJ's first match as well as Callum's first match. It will also be the first match ever! I must say a lot of first's are in there so I wonder who will be our first winner? This also is kind of a series as there will be not one, but two matches! Best of luck guys.

Date: 12/04/12 & 13/04/12
Commentators: Me and Spinner

Banter!

Callum

Callum
Village Cricketer
Village Cricketer

Bring your A game CJ!

CJCorka

Founder
Founder

But what if I like B better? Razz

Nah, I'll bring my A game.

http://www.sportsrusforum.com/

~Hen~

~Hen~
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Here is the first game of the season, the first of the two match series between CJCorka and Callum.

Final score: CJCorka def. Callum 1-6, 6-4, 6-1.

Congratulations to CJ on a good comeback and I will now hand you over to my commentary counterpart, Spinner.

FT Rap UP

A great comeback from CJ as he just looked to be down and out in the first set going down to a fired up Callum, after a quick drink and talk to his mentor and coach his father, the game began again with the first point going to CJ, after a great backhand sent the ball into the unoccupied court area, with a heroic yell CJ was back and broke Callum down winning the next two breaks. So after shock turn around Callum got back onto the attack and with his great pace skill he drilled to quick break.

With the game in the balance, Callum smashed yet another break leading 4-3. But CJ got his mojo back and ending taking the set making it 1-1 with a set to come

The next set began with a slip and trip from Callum landing on that troubling elbow, after some strapping and decisions to play on for his pride; CJ cruised on and took the set 6-1. Well done to both a what a match to be the FT season.

Catch Hen and our next match and keep a look out for FT Inside your premier Fantasy Tennis Show.That is me and the team signing off at this wonderful match where CJ’s comeback earns him the points.

Signing Off Spinner

CJCorka

Founder
Founder

To good for Callum. I have more coming. Very Happy

Callum

Callum
Village Cricketer
Village Cricketer

To good... That injury to my elbow helped you.

CJCorka

Founder
Founder

You can't do anything about it now, now all i have to hope is I win today's game to. Razz

~Hen~

~Hen~
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

So our second match of this two match series between CJ and Callum is underway and despite the worries about Callum's elbow he decides to play on against CJ who is bouncing off the walls after winning the first match in a tough 3 setter. Let's get courtside for the report from our knowledgeable reporter, Hen Daman.

Well it was a very close match but Callum has defied the odds and pushed through the pain barrier with that elbow injury to take out CJ in an up and down match. Callum started the match strongly, not missing a shot whilst CJ was blasting away and missing lots of shots. He ended up taking that set 6-2.

The second set had a little bit of a twist to it with Callum's elbow flaring up at 3-2 to himself. This was tough for him as he went on to lose the last 4 games of the set to a resurgent CJ. In the end the set score was 6-3 to CJ and it looked like we had a fight on our hands.

The third set was very close with both players holding serve as Callum went 4-3 up on serve. CJ then served a terrible double fault at 30-40 to give Callum the important break. Callum then went on to serve out the match as he recorded a great win mentally. The final set was a hard fought 6-3 to Callum making him the winner. Back to you guys.

Well there you have it, a close match indeed but in the end Callum prevails. A good victory to him and we hope that elbow gets better soon. We will see you the next time from the crew at FTTV. Good night.

Final score: Callum def. CJCorka 6-2, 3-6, 6-3

CJCorka

Founder
Founder

Good game Callum. Great to see the series end up as 1-1

~Hen~

~Hen~
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bad luck CJ, good games guys. CJ still leads the competition on bonus points still even though Callum won that one.

Callum

Callum
Village Cricketer
Village Cricketer

How about another game tommorow to decide the series CJ?

CJCorka

Founder
Founder

Alright Callum, I'm up for it.

~Hen~

~Hen~
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I'll sim it in this thread later when my sister let's me use the computer as I am on my phone at the moment.

~Hen~

~Hen~
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Here we are again to decide this series, we all thought that the last game was, well, the last game. But apparently not as CJ and Callum have made the decision to finish the series off to decide a winner. Will Callum's elbow injury be an issue? Or will willpower prevail? Is CJ going to come out firing after a poor last match? Or will he stay negative? All the answers will be answered by our courtside reporter, Hen Daman. Hen, what's happening?

Well guys it is set to be a ripper of a match between these two, so let's get straight to it. CJ and Callum both continue to hold serve, quite like the last set of the previous match. CJ looks to have a bit more on his shots but Callum stays with it to hold serve to go 5-4 up. CJ's serve has failed to help him again as he double faults to give Callum a set point at 15-40. Callum then smashes a winner off the return down the line and fist pumps the air as he pumps himself up. Callum takes the first set 6-4.

The second set is looking in Callum's favour with CJ looking a bit down as his serve continues to not work and Callum is bouncing with energy, overcoming the elbow injury. Callum takes the second set 6-3 to also take the match.

Well that comes as a little bit of a shock for most as Callum takes a straight set victory. We will go down to Spinner for his thoughts on the match.

Final score: Callum def. CJCorka 6-4, 6-3
Match time: 2 hours 23 minutes

CJCorka

Founder
Founder

Great game Callum, To good for me in the end.

Callum

Callum
Village Cricketer
Village Cricketer

Cheers CJ maybe a return series in the future.

CJCorka

Founder
Founder

How about we do one each month?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum