Sports R Us
Welcome to Sports R Us, we are a growing forum, with looks of wonderful member. So we are ask you to join this great forum and get to know so many great new people.

Thanks Sports R Us

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sports R Us
Welcome to Sports R Us, we are a growing forum, with looks of wonderful member. So we are ask you to join this great forum and get to know so many great new people.

Thanks Sports R Us
Sports R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great site to keep up to date with sports. Talk about sports, play them with our Fantasy Sports Comps.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How did you go?

+17
ag6858
Thrusty
SD99
Innadi
Callum
haha12
Loctown
hilthilt
Epic
NotBot
Sydeh
Doggy
CJCorka
mgt98
eggles2
>>>>>>voronin
Teckir
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:45 pm

>>>>>>voronin

National Player
National Player

Awkard.

*coach*: Hey is this ...
Please leave your message after the tone.
*coach* FUUUUUUU

127How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Sun 11 Sep 2011, 2:32 pm

hilthilt

hilthilt
National Player
National Player

I played a practice seniors match yesterday. I got 1/20 off 4 overs bowling. My dad opened and got out for a duck Laughing and I made a disappointing 4. We were 4/4 at one stage!

128How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Sun 11 Sep 2011, 11:57 pm

mgt98

mgt98
National Player
National Player

You did better than your dad. Laughing

129How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

ag6858

Village Cricketer
Village Cricketer

Almost lost the game for us on Saturday. I got brought on to bowl the final over, when the other team needed 16 to win, and I conceded 13.

http://fantasysports.forumotion.co.nz

130How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:24 pm

mgt98

mgt98
National Player
National Player

Well, here's my essay for just a two hour session. I arrived at my private session, ready to rumble. I bowled okay-ish to start with but once I was warmed up (Razz), it was my time to bat. My batting was pretty good. I did rather well seeming I faced kids that are more than three years older than me. They seem to be slowing down. Nah! I am just too good for them. Razz

I had another spell, this time, it was good. Great revolutions, great seam, great, accuracy. I am feeling good for the school's team tryouts that are on Friday afternoon. Should be pretty easy to get in but you never know.

Of course, you can't get enough cricket so off I went to the last part of my club session. The team we finishing off with some fielding, so I joined in. We have our first club game of the season on Sunday. Our team has been put in u14's, rather than u13's. We'll have to wait and see how I go.

131How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:25 am

hilthilt

hilthilt
National Player
National Player

The other spinner in our school squad has changed to basketball so I'm the only one. I wish they'd get our pitches set up (we practice on turf) because I really wanna bowl?

132How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:07 am

Epic

Epic
Village Cricketer
Village Cricketer

Today's game has been pushed to the 15th because of rain.. :/

133How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Thu 15 Sep 2011, 8:19 am

mgt98

mgt98
National Player
National Player

Over here, abandoned matches, for whatever reason (heat, rain, bad pitch ect.) doesn't get replayed. Neutral

134How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Sat 24 Sep 2011, 4:04 pm

pradeep

pradeep
u13s Veteran
u13s Veteran

No one is captain of your team ah///

135How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:25 am

mgt98

mgt98
National Player
National Player

Haven't done an update in a while. The 16th September was a great training session. I batted really well and my bowling was pretty good. It was a less intense session building up for a less intense match on that Sunday (18th September). It was to be one of the few like that now that our team is playing up a grade (and in division one).

We went out to bowl first. Once we got their few strong batsmen out, they dropped like flies, honestly. Third ball of the match, I hear "catch!", and I did catch it but it was a no-ball. I was at square leg at the time. It was waist high - a rather easy catch. Not long after, I struck again - I ran out their opener (the one caught of a no-ball) for two before they had even reached twenty runs. It wasn't a mix up. I presume he had trouble running in pads. Razz

I came on to bowl in the middle overs again. Turning the ball beautifully, I was. My first over was a tad flat, and I was hit for four, but in my second over, it was glorious. The third ball of that over was an absolute gem. Brilliant drop, brilliant length, brilliant line, brilliant flight. I tossed this one up to one of their few strong batsman hoping to be apart of the second wicket of the day. It was the kind of ball every off-spinner dreams of. The batter came forward. The ball spun back into him before he could get his bat down to block. The ball was passed him. It had spun through the bat and front pad. It almost flicked the stump, but it was not to be. I finished with 0/8 off two overs.

They were seven down when the near hat trick happened. The other, nowhere near as good as me Razz, off spinner bowled a full ball to a slogger. I was at fine leg for the leftie, but I wasn't all that deep. To be honest, I was more of a leg slip. He tried to smash the crap out of the ball but he lifted his head and caught and edge on the follow through. The ball flew to me. Caught at fine leg. It was my first real catch of the day.

The next ball, to a right-hander, was caught at slip. Hat trick ball was an LBW appeal. It was to another leftie. It was smacking middle and off but it pitched down leg side. Not out. We were appealing louder than you could imagine.

We had them all out for 88 off 29.4 overs. It was an easy chase. We got to 88 off 16 and a bit overs but we finished the over. We ended on 1/98 off 17 overs.

On Tuesday, I was too sick to go to training. Thursday, we had school cricket team trials. The coach identified me as a rep player. He reckons I am 99.9% already in the team.

Friday night's club training was a mess. We had seven players there. I was opening on the weekend so the coach put me to bat first. In amongst wides and beamers, I was able to bat pretty well. Friday night was the thing all rep players had all been waiting for. Baggy black presentations, which included announcement of rep captains. I figured, after the guy rambled on, I might release '1001 ways to make a thirty minute presentation go for two hours'. Everyone in my team was almost about to put money on me being captain. I was announced captain! I was over the moon. Oh, and I even saw Fixxer there. Razz

Saturday morning was Round Two. We went out and bowled, once again, a catch was taken off a no-ball. Their opener was given a chance on one. He was lucky he got it because he went on and made 104. I took their other opener. He was stumped. My first wicket of the season. Once again, I had eight runs off me but no fours this time. 1/8 off four.

They had made 201 in their 37 overs (CC). We had not bowled the extra three in time. We had 37 overs to get 201 and I was opening. All the talk was about their fast opener. My God, he was slow. Probably used to the fast pace anyway. The other kids were scared shitless, but I wasn't. I was run out though. I was at the non-striker's end at the time. My partner in crime played straight but got an outside edge through to a deep-ish gully. I called the run as I was going to the danger end. He didn't run. We ended up at the same end. I was out for 0. We made it to about 3/79 in our overs. We didn't win this time. Next week (and the one after) is a two day match. We shall do better then.

Last night, I was thinking, what do I want to achieve this season? Well, I want to take 13 wickets, score four scores of 35 or more, and take the rep team to our first win (as a group), ever. We didn't win a match in u11's or u12's. I am going to be the saviour for the team. We'll start training on Thursdays.

136How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:31 am

mflisgreat

mflisgreat
u13s Veteran
u13s Veteran

Yesterday I just made a hat trick and took the fourth wicket on the fifth ball. king

http://www.thefurqanlodhigames.freeforums.org

137How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:48 am

ag6858

Village Cricketer
Village Cricketer

A quick fire 8 and three good overs, including two chances in my first over. Could've been worse.

http://fantasysports.forumotion.co.nz

138How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Tue 04 Oct 2011, 8:37 am

pradeep

pradeep
u13s Veteran
u13s Veteran

i went by car

139How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Sat 08 Oct 2011, 1:39 pm

nanny

nanny
County Cricketer
County Cricketer

Won first match of the season in 3rd grade, Got 1/16 off 5 overs with my offy's but dropped two catches, both weren't sitters though. Didn't bat because we won by 7 wickets chasing only 85. My dad tore his hamstring though!! How did you go? - Page 6 253468018

140How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Mon 09 Jan 2012, 8:38 am

mgt98

mgt98
National Player
National Player

Sorry, Sydeh.

Penrith=/=Saint George>Parramatta>Blacktown.

We played Parramatta and Blacktown in two dominant wins. I won the toss and elected to bat against a very weak Blacktown team (Surprised), only to find that it was an awesome decision. Very Happy We belted 140 (or so) in our twenty overs only four down and with a great bowling effort, we won by a hundred plus margin. I was unfortunately run out towards the last few overs - I scored 20 off 19.

After a good break, we were set to play a decent Parramatta team. I knew I had to win as Mr. Sydeh would be on my case. I lost the toss and we were set into the field. I nabbed a catch a short cover late in the innings as Parra scored 9/83. We lost early wickets but our middle order turned that around. We cruised to the total with six overs remaining. I scored a third ball duck. Neutral

We'll play a friendly match against Central Coast tomorrow and another pool match against St George on Wednesday. St George also won both their matches against Parramatta and Blacktown today too.

Pool B, however, is a bit tougher with Newcastle, Central Coast and Hornsby teams that are just as strong as we are, but we wont have to worry about them until finals time.

141How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

Jakey

Jakey
County Cricketer
County Cricketer

I got out for 5! LOL

I got a nick on the ball they said. I did well to stay in for a while they said... Surprised

http://www.kingpair.com

142How did you go? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you go? Tue 10 Jan 2012, 7:51 am

mgt98

mgt98
National Player
National Player

In a friendly match against Central Coast, I decided bowling first would be the way to go and wasn't it!? We had them at 9/107 at the end of their twenty overs - a total we could smash if our tonkers got going, but of course, it was only a friendly and we moved them down the order in order to see how everyone goes. I bowled myself today (surprising, really - I am one of the stronger bowlers but as I captain, I don't bowl myself D:), and took 1/6 off three overs. Very Happy

Going into bat, we wanted a strong opening partnership in case the weaker batsman in the middle order fail (as they aren't the strongest batsman after swapping the order around), we still have a base to build our innings around. Of course, we lost a wicket the second ball and I was in, almost literally as an opener. I was seeing them like beach balls as I cruised to 58*. I smoked 11 4's in that innings. We had done it again! We won by five wickets with nine balls remaining.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum